Thursday, February 24, 2011

Paddleboarding

     I am so pleased to say that paddleboarding seemed easier than surfing (so I did not fall off the board as many times as when I went surfing!)  It could be because the board is bigger, which makes it easier to balance.  Or it could be that I felt like an ole pro after surfing.  Or. . .the most likely reason: I went paddleboarding in the lagoon so the water was calm!  I did not have to battle the waves like other paddleboarders; I just stayed in my little section of the lagoon.
     After getting the hang of it, I was racing people for fun and jumping on the board.  Perhaps I was getting a little too much into it, because then I asked one of my friends, Kyle (from Buffalo, NY) if she wanted to combine our paddleboards and both paddleboard at the same time.  I don't know why I did not think about the possibility of doing the splits when my right foot was on my paddleboard and my left foot was on hers, but I clearly did not think about it!  I will just tell you that I wish I would have gotten that wipe-out on video because it probably looked very hilarious!
Here is some math:
     Paddleboarding = Fun.     Splits = ouch.     Standing on 2 paddleboards = Splits which also = ouch  

No comments:

Post a Comment