Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Opera House and Harbour Bridge

     Anyone who looks at my pictures from Sydney would definitely comment on the number of pictures that I took of the Opera House.  Apparently, I thought that I should get one from every angle!  Take a picture, walk 2 steps and take another picture. . .and the process continued.  This building was amazing (of course it probably should have been since it costed $102 Million dollars!)  My group went inside and saw the atrium.  The atrium is pretty, but the outside is the main attraction.  I am planning on going to an opera with ICMS in March and my friends and I really want to see a ballet as well (the ballets begin in April though!)  Maybe for my birthday?  How cool would that be?
     Harbour Bridge is very pretty as well!  Though I did not walk across on Saturday, I definitely will walk across the next time I go to Sydney!  I also really, really, really want to climb Harbour Bridge!!!  I have heard that climbing the bridge is a must-do in Sydney. 
     We spent the whole day walking through Sydney and seeing all of the sites!  Most of the group left in the afternoon, but Megan, Kate, and I wanted to stay later.  We came back to the Opera House and Harbour Bridge around 6:45PM, which was perfect to catch the 7:00 ferry.  We sat on a bench with a beautiful view of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge and then decided to just keep sitting and talking until the 7:30 ferry.  Then, a small jazz band began playing music near us and we really enjoyed it.  Totally forgetting the idea of catching a ferry back then, we went for ice cream and came back to sit on the opposite side of the Harbour.  By then, both the bridge and Opera House were lit up (it gets dark late here) and we decided to stay a little longer.  We ended up taking the 10:00 ferry!!!  I usually can't sit and not do anything, but it is so easy to do with such a beautiful view!

No comments:

Post a Comment