Thursday, February 24, 2011

Do something Random!

     I don't know if I have said this yet in my blog, but I am trying to do something new/exciting/random every day while I am here in Sydney!  Yesterday, I went to the city with one of my friends, Emma, who is from about an hour away.  We saw the ship Queen Mary 2- sooooo cool!  It was huge and I heard that some of the people got off of the ship in Sydney, so some people could buy a room for $50/night!  That is a sweet deal!  Anyways, I am going to research it some more now that I have seen it (we saw it in the afternoon and it set sail for New Zealand at 5:00PM so I am lucky to see the ship!)  We also went to Darling Harbour AND experienced rush hour at its finest!  We headed across the Harbour Bridge at 5:15- perfect timing for the most traffic ever, but it was so good get to see the way to get to Sydney via car (though I will probably be taking the ferry most of the time.)
     My random thing for Tuesday happened in my events class.  My team is working on a walk in 1.5 weeks and we had to get sponsors for goody bags for volunteers.  Though I really do not like going around and getting sponsors, I had a lot of experience with it at the chamber of commerce so I taught the members of my group how to get sponsors in Manly.  It was very neat to compare businesses in Australia and the U.S.!  At night, I convinced all of my friends to go to get an ice cream cone and sit on the beach- it was delicious!
     Da da dum. . . I have two random things for today: I joined swim team.  Yes, swim team!  I practiced swimming a good deal this summer and thought that I should get better while I am here.  It is a great way to get excercise, the only negative is that I have to leave the school at 5:55AM.  But, I make it back for breakfast at 7:15 and it is a hot breakfast!  (Here, Tuesday and Thursdays are the days I look forward to because they serve eggs and bacon. . . Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are cereal days.)  Anywho, the second random thing happened this afternoon while I was at the beach.  I went in the ocean and my ankle started stinging.  Thinking about it now, I probably looked really funny because I pulled my foot to my chest and was bouncing around in the water!  Then, I went out and my ankle was bleeding a little bit- I think I am making this sound worse than it is- it really was not that bad.  But I was stung by a jellyfish!  My first jellyfish sting.  Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment