Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A tid-bit of Recent News!

*Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary 2 sailed into Sydney Harbour today!  I went to see it from the North Trail Head today and I could see it!  These ships are huge and have a lot of history (here is an article about it: http://blogs.wsj.com/scene/2011/02/22/two-queens-sail-into-sydney-harbour/)
*New Zealand had a 6.3 magnitude earthquake today and it was all over the news here.  It was bad and killed a lot of people

*Thank you Mary Kate for telling me this: The Amazing Race just featured Oceanworld in Manly!  ICMS is in Manly and it is just a 5-10 minute walk to Oceanworld!!!  My friends and I watched it and told all of the American study abroad students.  It was the hit here (too bad they filmed it a couple months ago because I would have loved to see part of the filming.)

*That reminds me- The biggest Loser is being filmed here now!  The contestants live in North Head which is also a five minute walk.  I am not going to lie, but I have definitely been trying to find them!  Maybe sometime soon.
(My marketing teacher is requiring us to keep up with the news, so my home page is now the Australian news!  Maybe I will throw some random pieces of news in blogs that follow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment