Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The City from the Sydney Tower

. . .(Please note, even though it is called the Sydney Tower on maps, I have been corrected by one of my friends at school.  "Australians call it the Central Tower."  Okay, I will call it the Central tower!) 
     This is like today when I used the name of the restaurant, McDonalds, to refer to McDonalds.  DO NOT SAY MCDONALDS IN AUSTRALIA!!!  Australians call it "Macca's" and if you say McDonalds, they will laugh at you for a long time.  Some other words that are different here is jelly and jam- they are reversed.  Would you like a peanut butter and jam sandwich?  How about some jelly on your toast?  (This rule does not really bother me that much because I never really eat jelly or jam).  And it absolutely cracks me up when Australians say the words Tuesday, Tuna, and Almonds.  I would attempt to explain how to say them in my blog, but it is really hard to type the Australian accent!
     Anyway, back to the "Central Tower" of Sydney!  The elevator ride to the top made my ears pop a lot but the view was totally worth it.  I walked in constant circles by the windows, amazed at how far I could see in all directions.  Okay, I will admit this- the pretty view was half of the reason that I kept walking around in circles because the other reason is that I realized that I did not have my camera case.  So, my camera case was somewhere in the 304 meter tall building.  Good luck to me.
     After asking everyone if there was a lost and found in the Sydney Tower and asking if anyone had seen a black camera case, I realized that my little black camera case was lost forever.
     Negative for this story: I lost my camera case :(
     Positive for this story: Whenever I see the Central Tower, I will always know that my little, black, camera case is in there.  (And I am so glad that it was just my camera case that I lost and not my camera!)

What to do next time at the Sydney Tower: you can pay extra and climb even higher outside of the glassed-in area.  It looks pretty neat and I think that I am going to get a group together to do that!!!

1 comment:

  1. Durable frames can be made of a variety of materials, including aluminum, steel, and titanium..Bikes Sydney

    ReplyDelete