Monday, February 21, 2011

Ping Pong

      I have so much to include in my blog from the last couple of days!  This past weekend, I went to Sydney on Saturday and went on a day long guided tour of the Northern Beaches on Sunday!  Before I start talking about the sites, I want to talk about the people! 
      One of the ways that I have enjoyed integrating into the Australian culture through spending time with Australians.  Many of my good friends at ICMS are from Sydney or other parts of Australia, and I have also enjoyed talking to other people when I have the opportunity.  On the ferry, a very nice couple sat beside my friends and me and we began talking about college life and everything that we should do and see while we are here.  They shared their experiences in Sydney and told us about their daily life.  Communicating with people on the ferries, at restaurants, and around the city has shown me a part of the culture that no tour book could show me!  And there is no way that I could have expected to run into these two 16 year old guys on Saturday-
     Our third stop (after seeing the Harbour Bridge and Opera House of course) was the Royal Botanic Gardens.  It was a gorgeous day (I seriously could not have asked for a prettier day) and as Michelle, Kelly, and I were walking to the entrance, two guys stopped us.  One of them had a video camera and the other asked if he could do a quick interview.  Even though we told him that we were not from Australia, he still really wanted us to comment on the rather funny question of "Should 16 year olds be able to drink in Australia?"  Umm, that was not very hard for me to answer with a NO!  (I think the guys either wanted to be able to legally drink or had the time to protest the drinking age and make a video.)  So when they asked for us to do some dance moves for them, I of course had to show them a move!  Yes, I showed them my ping pong move.  Why?  I have no idea!!!!!  So embarrasing!
      At first I was satisfied that we helped the 16 year olds out with their project but as we were leaving, they said that they were making it into a youtube video.  Of course Kelly found it and posted it on my wall on Facebook, so I feel as if I am obligated to show my beautiful ping pong dance move on my blog.  Here is the link to my first youtube video in Sydney! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR5CFAz79bo  

Signed: Lauren "the actress and best dancer in the world" Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment