Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Brisbane Continued. . .

     Since staying in Brisbane was a surprise to everyone, our group leaders for Australearn had to quickly decide where over 30 students should stay (with all of our luggage too).  So for the first time, I stayed in. . .da da dum. . .a hostel.  And it was really nice and not what I expected!  The hostel had a pool, tv area, reception area, and a game room.  I shared a small room with Lauren and Faith.  Lauren is from California near Lagoona Beach and Faith is from southern Michigan and we all got along well- they both are studying at ICMS this semester too.
     Over the week that I was in Brisbane, I enjoyed taking walks around the city.  I really love the fact that Brisbane has a bike and walking trail beside the Brisbane River, so I did not have to worry about the traffic.  There is also an amazing pedestrian bridge with cool architecture that crosses the Brisbane River towards the city.  I think I took about 76520 pictures of the bridge because it was my favorite!

     Many people walk everywhere in Brisbane.  On Saturday each week, there is a farmers market in Brisbane and a large number of food, jewelry, and clothing tents.  Lauren and I bought a Dragon Fruit to eat (I still have to eat it-maybe tomorrow?)
     It is around 11:00 PM here and I am about to head to bed because I am going to watch the sunrise on the beach tomorrow at 6:00AM.  It should be beautiful! 
     *ohhh, I forgot to mension the Botanic Gardens in Brisbane-I don't know if it was a combination of the gorgeous weather or beautiful scenery, but it just seemed perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment