Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Church on Sunday night. . .

AT HILLSONG!!!!!!!!
     What an amazing experience!  Hillsong is located in Sydney, so I had to take the ferry and bus to get there (and I took the train and ferry to get back to Manly).  Since it required a little bit of travel, my friends and I decided to spend the day in Sydney, then head to Hillsong.  The music was, of course, awesome- the lead guitarist was really good and the music was so loud! 
     Hillsong has several churches and the one that I went to was mainly for college students.  Hillsong has a college for people that are interested in ministry and many of them go to the services each week.  Actually, I had the opportunity to talk to some of the students and they are required to be at all of the services on the weekends.  The Hillsong branch that I went to was large, but it is not the one that seats thousands that people can see on television.  The other Hillsong church is located about 40 minutes by car from Sydney (a lot longer if I take public transportation) and I really, really, really want to go one soon!
     I am looking at my "timetable," as it is called here, and I have almost every weekend booked.  I bought plane tickets to go to Melbourne, The Whit Sundays (to see the Great Barrier Reef), and New Zealand!!!  Other weekend trips near to Sydney that I want to take are to the Blue Mountains and Canberra.  We will see :)  I hear that there is nothing to do in Canberra but it is the capital of Australia and only 3 hours away so I feel like it is a necessity to see the museums and government buildings in Canberra!  Yay!!!!!!  I'm so excited!
     Anyway, Bear Grylls (on Man vs Wild) is speaking at Hillsong on Sunday, so I am planning to go back and I will definitely write about it in my blog!
                                 The Hillsong bus that took us from Central Station to Hillsong!

No comments:

Post a Comment