Saturday, March 12, 2011

Half Sunburn at Bondi

Have you ever been at a sporting event and the sun was only on one side of you the whole time???
     This is exactly what happened to me when I went to watch the surf competition today at Bondi Beach!  I did not even notice that the sun was on my left side the whole time (possibly because I was watching the stud-muffin surfers) but my sunburn was not pretty.  Actually, I should say that my sunburn on my left arm, shoulder, and left side of my face is not pretty!  The contrast between my bright red left side and normal right side is actually pretty hilarious.  My hopes is that this is not an awkward tan :)
      Anyway, other than the crazy half-sunburn, Bondi was amazing.  It is a beautiful beach, the sand is so fine and the water was clear.  Today was a surf competition (and tomorrow is the finals!) and surfers did flips and other tricks in the waves.  The surfers were great to watch, and on top of that, they were giving away free t-shirts and hats for coming to the event.
      And random thing of the day: I tried to stay on this mechanical surfboard.  The key word is TRY.  It did not help that all these little boys made it look easy up there, because I barely made it on the surfboard for 20 seconds!  Then I not-so-gracefully landed (aka "Got thrown off") against the side of the inflatable.  After this beautiful performance, my friends decided not to ride the mechanical surfboard.  Smart Decision :)   

2 comments:

  1. Lauren. You totally rocked that mechanical surf board like no other. You did great and were the only one of us to even "give it a go." Be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren Williams.
    Hello. It is Jill Fleming. Remember me??
    haha
    I somehow happened upon your blog...don't ask me how I got here, I don't know.
    But it seems you are in Australia...!! That is so great! I feel like I haven't seen/talked to you in SO LONG.
    What are you doing "down under??"
    I have a blog as well, so feel free to follow it. I guarantee it is not as interesting as yours, but it gives a nice little update of me. haha
    it is jillbobaggins09.blogspot.com
    Hopefully we can keep up a bit via the blog world. :)

    ReplyDelete