Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jamz of the Great Ocean Road

      During the time that I have been at Australia, I have been on many tours. Tours to Hunter Valley, the Northern Beaches, and 6 hours up the coast for the surf camp.  But none of these tours had the unique and umm. . .interesting music as my tour last week of the Great Ocean Road.
       The type of songs that were played on this tour were the kind that have a catchy chorus.  They are the songs that STAY IN YOUR HEAD FOREVER and ever and ever (even though you have only listened to the song 1 time).  But one thing is for sure, one time is all that it takes to memorize the repetitive lyrics, even if you really do not want to learn the song.
       Some examples of these songs are "Circus", "We Are Who We Are", "Whip My Hair Back And Forth," "Whip My Hair Back And Forth" (this one deserves to be written twice because it gets the repetitive award!), and "Womanizer."  But, here is the difference between these songs and the songs that I listened to on the-oh ya- 12 hour tour: the ones played on the tour were sooo bad that they were funny!  And of course I have the YouTube links to the actual songs played on the tour!  But keep in mind that if you listen to them, you will probably be humming them all day!

*** "Deadly Animals" by the Scared Weird Little Guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNEeq5qGh8I
*** "Volvo Man" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-rFfTyVwtQ
     *Background on this is that Volvo drivers in Australia are sooooo slow.  The tour guide told me that if you get behind a volvo, then double the amount of time that it usually takes to get to your destination.  This video shows a scene from Twilight to go with the music.


Have a great, singin' day!
      

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lauren. I'm also doing the Study in AUstralia student blog. You should check out my blog at www.srattingdownunder.blogspot.com. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete