Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tomatoes and Cucumbers

     I would make a bet with you before every meal that I know at least two foods that they will serve: Tomatos and Cucumbers! 
     (Confession- I have never liked either one a lot but am trying to expand my horizons and eat them while I am here in Australia, since they are fresh!)
     Tomatoes are served in scrambled eggs for breakfast, as an option in the breakfast line, and of course for lunch and dinner.  There are tomato salads with bacon and mayo, many main course options that use tomatoes, and many garden salads served with. . .you guessed it. . .TOMATOES!!!  So, as you can imagine, I gradually started eating tomatoes.  I would eat them when they were in the main course and worked up to eating the tomato, bacon, and mayo salad.  But the other day I felt surprisingly daring- I decided to eat a plain tomato (a small one) and I quickly decided that I was better off mixing them with other foods so I could not taste them!
     Cucumbers are also served almost every meal, and it is typical to put them on a sandwich and mix cucumbers in salads.  Also, sandwich meats, cucumbers, bread, and tomatoes are served in the breakfast line.  Some people make sandwiches for breakfast, but I prefer corn flakes- yuuuuuum!
     With this said, I am now off to lunch to perhaps make a tomato and cucumber sandwich, have a tomato and bacon side-dish, or just eat plain Tomaters and Cucumbas!!!

(ooooh and I forgot to say that My roomate, LoLo was correct about the floors.  The first floor is the ground floor, the second floor is the "first floor" and the third floor (my floor) is the "second floor."  I found this out from another friend so I am not going to say anything about it so she hopefully won't remember about the chocolate that I owe her! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment