Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sydney Royal Easter Show

Now, don't go to this Easter show and think that it is similar to ones that you have been to before. . .

     Because there are a lot of things that make Sydney's Easter Show unique!  One of the first stops when I arrived was the Poultry Pavilion (yes, I am not kidding about the name, haha!).  Pigeons, fowls, ducks, geese, and turkeys are entered into the Poultry Competition for the best looking birds-Okay, I will admit that I don't know how they are judged, but I bet appearance is a high percentage!  And some (even the "winners") were absolutely HILARIOUS!!!  Like this little fellow, pictured to the right- who will always hold a special place in my heart.  
     Do you see in the picture how he is sticking his head out from the cage???  Well, I learned that he can stick it out a lot further. . .and he is highly skilled to hit your arm as you walk by.  If you ask me, this guy should have won first in the Rooster category, but he finished a close second behind a bird that looks the exact same as he does! 
The Cow was almost as tall as this miniature giraffe!
     Now, lets get on to what you really care about: the pigs, alpacas, and cows!!!  There is now a Pig Obedience Challenge (due to the fact that a pig escaped at last year's Easter Show).  I did not spend much time with the pigs because they don't smell too good!  After, I headed across the street to the Alpaca tent.  I was expecting to see normal, lama-like creatures. . .but some were green!  As if that was not enough random sights, afterwards I saw the tallest cow- over 6ft 2in!!!
        Other animals that were at the Easter show were horses, geese, chicks, goats, birds, and sheep.  I feed the sheep- most were too full from the food from 287492 visitors before me, but one of the sheep thoroughly enjoyed the food! 



At night, we watched the rodeo and fireworks- such a great end to a fun day at the Easter Show!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment