Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New Zealand: the land of extremes


A brochure that I saw prompted this blog:
     Though I just created this New Zealand "advertisement," there was a similar ad that I found while in Rotorua.  The advertisement showed a sheep and a skydiver on the front cover.  Talk about contrast!  At first, I thought it was HILARIOUS but I soon realized that it was really smart.  Truth is, I actually thought about this in a marketing perspective (marketing professor-can I get bonus points PLEASE???).
Here is is:
     Since the target market of New Zealand is everyone, they are trying to get people-tourists like me :) - to come and visit.  BUT here is the problem: people have different needs and wants and enjoy different things!  So, why not create an advertisement that is perfect for sheep lovers AND lovers of AdVeNtUrE?  Sounds like a pretty smart plan to me.
New Zealand's Advertisement with Sheep & Skydiver = Success  

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha ohhh man. lauren, you should go into advertisement. you're a natural haha ;)

    ReplyDelete