Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Organizing"

     I am OfFiCiAlLy a COLLEGE SENIOR!  My last exam was on Monday- I am so relieved to be done with all exams (and hopefully I passed them all).  Exams here are a lot different from exam time in America.  Students are told to meet in the hall 15 minutes before exam time.  The associate dean is very strict about being silent in the hall and we form a line.  One by one, we pass through the "bouncers" (aka our actual teacher) to show them our school id.  After taking a seat, ONLY fill out one sheet for your name, subject, and teacher- then put the pencil down.  At ICMS, 10 minutes of "reading time" is given for each exam at the start.  We are allowed to ask questions at this time, but not make any marks on the test.  At the end of the exam, if you finish early, you can leave- the only exception is if you finish in the last 10 minutes of the exam.  I finished my last exam RIGHT after my teacher said "10 minutes left- you can't leave the room!"  So, I had the pleasure of sitting there, chillin', for 10 more minutes! 
     Now with exams completed (most of my friends are either done or have one more), we have started to look to the future.  The very close future.  In 3 days, I will be flying over 9,000 miles back to Birmingham- it has flown by so quickly!  Which brings me to what we are doing now- "organizing"!  No one is allowed to say packing- we are organizing our stuff in suitcases, haha!  Going home for all of us will definitely be bittersweet.
    More to come about saying goodbye and the last couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment