Friday, May 20, 2011

Skyline at Rotorua

where I (kind of) dominated the LUGE. . .
     I do not know if I have mentioned this in my blog yet, but I get pretty competitive.  I get competitive in things that really matter, like school sports BUT I also realized that I get super competitive when I do things that do not really matter.  For example, going "Lugeing" in New Zealand should not warrant my most competitive nature.  After all, it is a fun activity.  Until. . . I decided that I wanted to race the guy in front of me (without him knowing!).  Using the valuable knowledge that Talladega Nights taught me, "If you ain't first, you last," I set out to become the ultimate Luge champion!
     The hill was steep and the course was wet from all of the rain.  So, it was slippery and I was trying to go fast because the little boy in front of me had a 10 second head start.  Before I began, the employees showed me how to break, but they did not know that I would not be using the breaks that much, especially because my race was going to be close.  AND GUESS WHAT?  I Won!  Hurray!  Sure, the guy in front of me did not know that we were racing.  Oh ya, and he was also like 8 or 9 years old.  And. . .I don't want to say any more because it is going to make me sound like I didn't deserve the victory, haha!
     The Luge was so much fun, and I ended up doing all three courses!  There was a scenic path, intermediate path, and advanced path.  After finishing the Luge races, my friends and I headed back down the gondola to the bottom of the mountain. 
     That's all for now from Luge Champion Lauren :)


No comments:

Post a Comment