Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Ode to Rotorua"

     The last two weeks have been extremely busy due to exams (and my beautiful broken finger) so I still need to write about my holiday/Easter trip to New Zealand!  Though we started our trip in Auckland and then went to the New Zealand town of Rotorua, I am going to start with the smelly, yet, pretty town of Rotorua.
     I have summed up some of my experience in Rotorua in a song.  AND to make it even better. . .the song is to the tune of "Old McDonald had a Farm."  Hum the tune and enjoy the song :)
Ode to Rotorua:
Old Rotorua had a geyser-
Speeeew, speeeew, spew.
and by this geyser, there was a hotspring
That. Smelled. Bad.
And there were sheep by this geyser,
baaah, baaah, SPEW!
And though that sheep just died, (aww)
There. Are. More.

With a sheep sheep there and a sheep, sheep there- here a sheep, there a sheep, everywhere a sheep, sheep.

Because 40 million sheep cover this island. . .
Outnumbering. People. By A LOT
But New Zealand is more than geysers and sheep-
Woo Hoo Hoo!
It is a land of dare and challenge
Which. We. Did.
like jumping off of a very tall bridge
OH. MY. GOSH!!!

(I performed this "Ode to Rotorua" for my friends on the bus and we all laughed so much!)

1 comment:

  1. yes, i actually did read your ode to rotorua to the tune of old macdonald. quiiite entertaining.

    ReplyDelete