Thursday, April 14, 2011

Seein' the Show! (at the SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE!)

not an Ordinary experience- getting to see an opera at the
Pretty sydney opera house.  the show was
Entertaining even though I could not understand
the fRench language.  altogether, it was
A spectacular night!

See, doesn't she look like a playa? (this is a picture from
the same cast that I saw perform)
     I don't know what else I need to say after that description of my night, seeing the opera, Carmen.  Other than Carmen is a PLAYER.  She purposely flirts with all guys and leads them on.  And, quite frankly, this is why she died.
(PS IF YOU ARE GOING TO SEE CARMEN, DO NOT READ THIS- it might give away some of the story.)
     This picture is from scene 1 where Carmen dances around all of the guys and gives the rose to Don Jose, her stud-muffin (even though he is supposed to marry another girl!)  Then Carmen gets into a fight and Don Jose lets her escape from prison.  To make a long story short, Don Jose waited for her and decided that he wanted to marry her- but wait- Carmen already had another man by then and did not like Don Jose anymore.  So what did  Don Jose do?  He stabs Carmen in the heart with a dagger.  Ouch.
     Though it was tough to understand some parts, I was able to carefully watch the motions and get the general idea of what was happening in the Opera.  Let me just tell you that when Don Jose came on stage at the very end- I WAS SCARED- and I was sitting high up in the auditorium.  I could just tell that something bad was about to happen because Don Jose had an angry facial expression AND he was holing a dagger.  Those two things don't go well together.
     Poor Carmen- but that is what she gets for being a major player!  (haha, just kidding) 


Semi-Lame random fact:  I downloaded the Carmen songs "Toreador Song" and the Orchestra songs to my laptop so I could listen to them before I went to the Opera.  I would have attempted to hum the tune during the opera, but the notes were too high for me to even hum! 

1 comment:

  1. that is so cool~ I hope to do something like that soon.. maybe go to some Mozart concerts

    ReplyDelete