Friday, April 8, 2011

On the Way Back

     Since part of the train tracks were closed on the way back from Katoomba (where we stayed in the Blue Mountains), we had to take the bus and then train to get back to Sydney.  From Sydney, we take the ferry back to Manly.
     The reason that I told you all of the transportation is because on the way back from the Blue Mountains, my friend and I were in a mood where we thought EVERTHING was hilarious.  For instance, since there were 17 people from ICMS on the trip to the Blue Mountains, we all left at different times- and we used this to our advantage.  My friend and I thought that it would be absolutely hilarious if we left "secret notes" at all of the public transportation stops on the way back to Sydney for our friends to find later.  These stops included the bus station, train station, other train station, ferry loading station, and the ferry station back at Manly.  The notes said how much we love our Frandsss and how cool we are.  For one of the pages, I wrote a poem that was amazing and even rhyming!  Pictured above is us making the notes on the bus.
     After we wrote all of the cool notes, we realized a small problem: we had nothing to hang them with!  Being super thrifty people, we decided to make sticky tack with. . .chewing gum. Ya, we got a tiny piece of gum and played with it until it was not as sticky and stuck a little to the back of the sheets to hang.
     We hung 5 notes and guess how many the rest of the group saw??? 1.  Yes, 1.  All of my beautiful drawings and poetry went to waste (but I am sure that lots of other people got a kick out of the random signs at the public transportation stops). 
     Here is one of my drawings. . . .and I know, I know. . ..I should have been an art major!!! ha!


2 comments:

  1. this is so cute!!! i wish i was in austrailia~~ when are you headed back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were here! I am headed back in exactly one month which is so crazy! When are you heading back Sharon?

    ReplyDelete