Tuesday, April 19, 2011

S.C.A.V.E.N.G.E.R. Hunt and Birthday

I really like chocolate.  Especially dark chocolate!  But, I did not realize that all of my friends realized exactly how much I love chocolate.  As it turns out, they know me pretty well.
For my birthday, 5 of my friends chipped in and bought me a dark chocolate bar. . .AND IT IS THE SIZE OF MY HEAD!!!  400g of delicious, smooth, tasty dark chocolate.  I think that I will be set for the rest of my time in Australia, haha.  And if that was not enough dark chocolate, another one of my friends bought me a dark chocolate bar as well! 
I was not expecting them to do anything for my birthday, but my friends were so great!  They decorated the inside and outside of my dorm, bought me a triple-chocolate cake (again-totally perfect!), and created a SCAVENGER HUNT through Manly for that night.
The photo/video scavenger hunt was a blast!  We were divided into three teams and then hit the road.  (I might have gotten a little too competitive and was making my team power walk down the huge hill, hoping that we could fulfill all 21 items in the 2 hour time allotment.  AND WE TOTALLY FINISHED EVERTHING ON THE LIST!
Some of my favorite scavenger hunt items were:
*Getting 21 strangers to hold a sign that said HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY LAUREN
*Finding strangers with a tattoo (asking people if they had a tattoo can be a little awkward by the way- but you get hilarious responses).
*Finding someone with a lot of facial piercings.  This was entertaining.
*Enacting a choice of two scenes.  The last supper, and Australian aboriginals.  My group enacted the Last Supper with McDonalds (“Maca’s” here) and I was Jesus with an ice cream cone!
*Dancing on the corso with a guy playing the flute in the background
*Trying to take a picture of someone with an ID from Italy, France, or Germany.  Most people surprisingly did not want us to take a picture of their ID, haha. . .(I don’t think I would let strangers take a picture of my ID either J)
Such a perfect 21st birthday in Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment