Tuesday, April 19, 2011

~*~ Jetboating ~*~

I came prepared.  I had a change of clothes and my hair in a ponytail, and I was ready for anything- at least ready to get wet!  My friend, Kyle, and I were ready to experience Sydney Harbour in a different way- through JETBOATING!  The Jet boat was a lot bigger than I expected (I thought that it would be small, like the ones that people use on the lakes back at home) and it seated around 20 people!  A wide range of ages went jetboating with us and finally, after putting on a huge raincoat and signing a form that said that it was not their fault if we died, we were ready to go!


Our guide introduced himself as “Grins.”  (And, believe it or not, he was grinning when he talked to us, haha).  Mr. Grins said that we should hold on especially when we do super fast spins to avoid falling out of the boat into Sydney Harbour.  Okay, deal!  Then, he proceeded to tell us where to sit.  He assigned Kyle, me, and another younger person to the front seat-scary!- and it seemed like he put the older people in the back of the boat.
Though I did not think about this at the time we started, I now realize why he did this.  He decided to put the younger people at the front so we could have the joy of seeing out the front window----NOT!!!----I think that he put us in the front so we would have the hardest impact on each wave.  (Because believe me, my eyes were closed during some of those waves!)  And, it was probably an added bonus of hearing us scream at the top of our lungs when we raced over huge waves.
Which reminds me- Mr. Grins had a somewhat scary/unnerving laugh.  It was like he enjoyed when we went high in the air and came down with a huge THHHUUUMMMPPPP!  His laugh reminded me of the Joker’s laugh in Batman!  Mr. Grins (aka Mr. Scary laugh man) also enjoyed doing super fast spins in which the whole boat would get soaking wet!
Jetboating was a blast, and it felt like the 40 minute ride went by so quickly!  Such a great way to see the Sydney coastline. . .and get a little wet of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment