Monday, June 20, 2011

Dear Parents,

A couple of weeks before I left to head back to the States, I wrote my parents a list of items and foods that I had to have As Soon As Possible when I got back!  Here is the list:
1. Hummus
2. Cottage Cheese (okay, laugh if you want- but the Barber's kind is REALLY good!)

What is our first stop off of the airplane in LA? A DR PEPPER Stop!

3. Beef Stroganoff (I am realizing now that these are odd things)
4. Stuffed Chicken- it is this delicious dish my mom makes
5. BROWNIES (Aussies need to experience real American brownies!)
6. Wraps. . .preferably a chicken & chipotle wrap
7. Gyros (they had them in Australia, but I missed a Greek Cafe near home)

8. Blackberries/blueberries/raspberries/strawberries
9. ICE (ice cold drinks ROCK!)
10. Omelet- preferably with Velveeta Cheese (yes, I know that Velveeta is one carbon molecule away from plastic but it is sooooo delicious!)
11. Grilled Cheese Sandwich (again, with Velveeta Cheese- but preferably not the same day that I have the Omelet because that would be too much cheese!)
12. Whole Wheat Bread- yummmmm
13. Chicken Salad

14. Ice Cream. Definitely.
15. Mexican food (It is okay & completely acceptable if it is "Americanized" Mexican food)
16. Dr. Pepper. . .Mr. Pibb is acceptable

(Some of these items were available in Australia, but the prices were a lot higher.  For example, Dr. Pepper was $4 for a can because not much was imported in Australia.  Ice cream was also expensive- it was at least $5.50 for one scoop.  And for many other things on this list, I just missed what I was used to eating back in the US)

Sincerely, Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment